Associate Product Manager - Home Goods
The Dorai Home Associate Product Manager will be a data focused self starter who is passionate about developing and managing functional, beautiful home products from ideation through the product life cycle. They will perform market research, survey existing customers and create the product roadmap for new innovative products made from diatomaceous earth. They will coordinate between design, operation, marketing and manufacturing teams to bring products to the market on time and on budget. They will manage the products and packaging and help with demand forecasting.
The ideal candidate will have a background in research and analysis with a passion for the product development process. This individual is highly organized, task-and-detail-oriented, motivated, articulate, and data-driven. You will be responsible for helping to achieve KPIs pertaining to product launches, accurate data gathering and analysis, and completing your own workflow of projects and responsibilities. This role will allow for growth and influence Dorai Homes’ evolution within a rapidly growing D2C environment.
About the environment: Dorai Home is a growing D2C brand that creates thoughtfully designed housewares made of eco-friendly materials that dry instantly. Take a look @doraihome
We genuinely enjoy and respect our small, down-to-earth team and look for hires who contribute to the positive, inclusive, and fast-paced environment. We value flexibility and work-life balance and know your passions outside of work are what enable you to thrive at Dorai.
- Drive the creation and development of new products by overseeing and managing all aspects of the product development lifecycle from brief to end of life
- Conduct regular trend and market analysis to identify white space for new product development across all product categories
- Create product and packaging briefs including cost targets, features, and benefits, required testing, etc.
- Develop and source new product packaging, taking into account structure, materials, sustainability, cost, and lead times as defined by brief
- Own product concept + messaging, including positioning, key selling points, features/benefits, packaging, global pricing, and PDP copy
- Create Product Guides that outline all details of products and track any changes made for each SKU
- Serve as the product expert for the company as it relates to product details, materials, benefits and features
- Present product concepts and development stages to the leadership team for approvals
- Work with sales and finance to establish forecasts and ongoing analytics for new product revenue, margin, and COGs goals by channel
- Create product testing protocol for new products – manage the execution of testing and communication with testers
- Collect + organize necessary product and packaging documentation and testing
- Organize + catalog documentation about testing samples, bulk production, packaging, etc.
- Manage communication and timing for finished goods delivery for initial POs
- Work with QC team in China to develop and define standards, tolerances and testing methods to ensure quality products
- Ensure internal documents and systems have the most updated and accurate product information
- Own margin and pricing for all regions and channels
- Manage timelines in Asana
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in product development or similar for a consumer goods company
- Track record of successfully creating product launch plans that met or exceeded the target timeline, budget, and forecast
- Experience with consumer product packaging, labeling, and design
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new products and marketing programs
- Must be innovative, creative, and organized
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience and abilities with Google G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets and Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a small but growing company environment is strongly preferred
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Supportive, hybrid work schedule
- 1-2 days per week in Salt Lake City, UT office
- Partial employer-paid health insurance, vision and dental
- Competitive vacation, personal time and parental leave policy
- Free Dorai Home Products
- Friends and family discounts
- Monthly wellness reimbursement up to $60