Dorai Home is looking for a Chief Executive Officer with leadership experience in consumer goods and e-commerce who will drive operations and marketing strategies in our fast-growing company. The ideal CEO will be an omnichannel marketing leader with startup experience who is ready to oversee and help manage our strategy, vision, and growth as the company enters into new markets.
Dorai Home is adding products, expanding marketing channels, growing its team, and scaling operations in 2022. The CEO will play a hands-on role in the company’s goal of becoming a $100M brand in the next 3-5 years and will be motivated by owning a stake in that success.
About the company: Dorai Home is a rapidly growing D2C brand that creates thoughtfully designed housewares made of eco-friendly materials that dry instantly. Dorai was started in 2018 by two founders with operational expertise that has enabled 300% YOY growth. One of our founders owns a product development and manufacturing company and will continue to play an active role in product development. Our other founder has a marketing and design background and established the foundational brand strategy. She is stepping back into an advisor role as we’ve recently grown our brand and marketing team.
Dorai is at an exciting inflection point, having secured significant funding to support our strategic scaling plans over the next 3-5 years. As a result, we are aptly positioned to expand into an omnichannel sales strategy and develop new markets globally.
We genuinely enjoy and respect our small, down-to-earth team and look for a leader to collaborate with and lead our team while contributing to the positive, inclusive, and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and execute the company’s omnichannel development and growth plan by establishing operational and financial KPIs.
- Collaborate with Founder, Shareholders, Director of Operations, and Head of Brand to refine growth strategy, strategic partnerships, and operations in the home goods market.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and Head of Brand for all internal company operations, expansion plans, and marketing strategies.
- Developing and executing a growth strategy with Director of Operations, Founder and Head of Brand
- Oversee and collaborate with Founder and department heads on an annual budget to inform and help execute monthly sales goals while maintaining a healthy profit margin.
- Make data-driven decisions to optimize business performance, focusing on website conversion, return on ad spend, customer lifetime value and other metrics.
- Support the development of our long-term product roadmap by collaborating with market research and product development resources.
- Solve complex problems that arise from supply chain to customer concerns with a solid entrepreneurial mindset. Serve as the final escalation point for executives and as an exemplar of the brand’s values in decision making.
- Balance the resolution of current roadblocks, sometimes unforeseen, through creative problem-solving, with long-term planning and growth of the business by staying true to our vision.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years proven success in some, or all, of the following roles: highly analytical marketing or financial role, operational growth strategy, experimental and growth marketing strategy, marketing leadership, digital marketing, scaling D2C startups in a marketing function or as a successful entrepreneur or early startup employee.
- Be located in or willing to relocate to the Salt Lake Area in Utah.
- Executive-level people management experience. You’ll have direct reports, and will need to earn the respect of the team, lead them effectively, and ensure their growth and development.
- Data-driven mentality, financial literacy, and strong business judgment. You’ll need to be able to roll up your sleeves, analyze the data and pull key insights for your team. You’ll need a good understanding of accounting and finance.
- Get things done attitude. This means that if it needs to happen, you’ll do whatever needs to be done, to ensure that nothing gets missed.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of joining a successful start-up.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with the team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- MBA from a top-tier institution or experience from a strategic consultancy is a plus.
Salary and benefits
- Ownership % in company
- Health Benefits
- Relocation expenses can be considered for exceptional out-of-state candidates.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.