Digital Graphic Designer / E-Commerce Graphic Designer / Contract Position 20-30 hrs/week
As a graphic designer for Dorai Home, you’ll be responsible for digital creative work to support the brand across all touchpoints. You have a strong understanding of direct-to-consumer brands and the ability to align with the foundations of a brand guide while bringing your own creative ideas to the table. You’re comfortable working in a startup environment and collaborating with other graphic designers, a brand director, and a marketing manager.
You’ll be collaborating with and taking direction from the Brand Director to create social media ads for multiple platforms (mainly still images and GIFs), assisting with email template design, updating images on the website, occasionally helping with design work on presentations and packaging (packaging design experience not required). You’ll bring your creative eye to our content by contributing to mood boards and assisting with photoshoots every other month. The ideal candidate will have design experience in Shopify or other website platforms and is willing to learn Shopify through tutorials.
You’ll work closely with the design and marketing team to help maintain the look and feel of the brand. This role will allow for growth and influence Dorai Homes’ evolutions within a rapidly growing D2C environment. Bonus if you have an eye for beautiful product design, enthusiasm for sustainability, and passion for interior design.
About the Environment: Dorai Home is a growing D2C brand located in Utah that creates thoughtfully designed housewares made of eco-friendly materials that dry instantly. Take a look @doraihome
We genuinely enjoy and respect our small, down-to-earth team and look for hires who contribute to the positive, inclusive, and fast-paced environment. We value flexibility and work-life balance and know your passions outside of work are what enable you to thrive at Dorai.
About the Role: This is a contract hourly role for an estimated 20-30 hours/week with the option to move to full-time depending on performance. Must be a self-starter, strong virtual communicator, and accountable for managing timelines independently. This position can be primarily remote with onsite meetings or creative reviews up to 2x/week in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Designing digital ads, social assets, emails, and website assets.
- Quick learner who is comfortable designing in Shopify and able to navigate Shopify apps.
- Creating marketing materials and packaging design (can be trained on packaging design).
- Collaborating with marketers, copywriters, and web developers.
- Basic code knowledge is a huge plus but not a requirement.
- Proof copy on creative materials for spelling, grammar, and layout, make appropriate changes, and be responsible for accuracy and clarity.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A keen eye for details and a clean design aesthetic
- A great sense of typography and visual composition.
- Strong portfolio with work samples showcasing expertise in graphic design.
- 2+ years of graphic design experience with an emphasis on e-commerce or other digital design.
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS is a bonus.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Open to feedback and knows how to give and receive criticism.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with tight deadlines.
- Interests aligned with our brand.
Tools you’ll be working with routinely:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Business Suite
To apply send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.