FAQs & Support
Great question! Dorai is pronounced DOR - eye. From the Japanese word for dry, it symbolizes a natural, moisture free home.
Diatomaceous earth, or grass of the sea, is a naturally occurring mineral that is made from the fossilized remains of tiny aquatic organisms. You can learn more about our instant-drying technology on the How it Works page.
Diatomaceous earth is antimicrobial by its physical properties not through the use of any chemicals or toxins. In its raw state the material attracts and binds bacteria and parasites, causing them to dry out and die.
When compressed into boards it still rapidly evaporates to help prevent mold, but doesn't hold the same antimicrobial properties as the raw material.
Our line of bath mats, dish racks, dog bowls, coasters, sink caddies, and dish pads are 100% safe to use in your home. They do not contain asbestos or other substances of very high concern defined by the European Chemicals Agency and the Office of Environmental Health and Hazardous Assessment. Dorai products have passed Prop-65 which holds even more rigorous standards than the EPA.
Our ceramic dog bowls are lead-free and have passed Prop-65 and are FDA compliant.
In the event that your mat gets stained, it can be cleaned in two ways. For light stains or scuffs, use the included sand paper to gently rub off any marks. We recommend doing this in a well ventilated area. For more extreme stains, small amounts of bleach or hydrogen peroxide will do the trick. You can view our full Care and Cleaning guide here.
We elect not to add dyes or additional substances to the Diatomaceous Earth compound and instead embrace the natural color. Given the lighter tone of the material, there is a risk of staining with dirt or darker liquids.
If you spill on it, first, try to dab up any excess liquid before it’s absorbed. For mild stains or scuffs, get your product damp and use sandpaper (150 grit or similar) to gently ‘wet sand’ off any marks. We recommend doing this in a well ventilated area. For more extreme stains, applying small amounts of diluted bleach or hydrogen peroxide should do the trick.
Diatomaceous Earth is a white algae substance that is broken down into small pieces, so white spots occur naturally in the production process. Some larger pieces remain during this process. We hope you appreciate the natural substances and understand that some white algae pieces will remain visible on the dark surface.
We're glad you asked, we hope this is the last bath mat you ever need to buy. Dorai Bath Stones are meant to be durable, but on rare occasions, they can break with enough force or weight. To prevent this we advise always having the foam pad in place between the floor and the mat.
This is to be placed under your Dorai Bath Stone to provide a non-slip base, and to help disperse the weight evenly when stepping on the mat. Place it evenly between the floor and your Bath Stone.
1. Lay the rubber, non-slip base on the ground with the knobs and Dorai logo facing up.
2. Snap the firm plastic connectors into the cutout sections of the rubber base to hold the pieces together.
3. Place your Bath Stone™ tile on top of each base piece, making sure the knobs of the base align with the holes on the back of each Bath Stone™ tile.
We offer a 90-day product guarantee that covers standard household use. This includes using the Bath Stone inside your house on flat surfaces (i.e. floors, counters, etc).
If your Bath Stone breaks from common, everyday use, please go to our return portal and follow the prompts to "Item was damaged or lost" to submit a claim for the first 60 days after delivery.
If your stone breaks after the return window has closed, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
The Homebody Club
Any purchases made in 2023 will count toward your points. The purchases must be attached to the email you set up in your loyalty account with. $300+ annual spend is required to reach the VIP tier. This period runs from 1/1/23-1/1/24.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to checkout using your points.
- Login to your account on the loyalty widget.
- If you have enough points to redeem for a specific reward, you can select “Redeem” and you will be given a unique discount code.
- Paste the code in the discount section of your cart and it will automatically discount your purchase.
- Alternatively, on the loyalty widget, you can click “apply code” and your discount will be automatically added to your cart.
It’s time to celebrate! Birthday points are awarded on the date you set as your birthday in your account.
Points can be removed for a few reasons:
- If you purchase a product and then return it, the points will be removed from your account.
- If you purchase and make a partial return, you will still have points from the products that were not returned.
- If you do not use your points within 1 year of receiving them, they will expire. Don’t forget to shop using your unique discount for ultimate rewards.
- If you refer a friend who makes a purchase, you will each receive $20 in your loyalty account. If your friend returns the item bought via the referral, the $20 will be removed from your account.
Orders & Shipping
Monday-Friday, orders will ship within 48 hours of your order being received. Most orders placed during the weekend will ship the following Monday. Shipping times may vary during sales and holidays.
We are currently only ship from our site within the United States. We offer free shipping within the Contiguous United States. We recently started shipping to Alaska, but the cost of shipping is the responsibility of the customer and calculated at the time of checkout.
We are on Amazon in Canada and ship from the Amazon warehouses in Canada for fast Prime shipping. We hope to launch our site in Canada in early 2024.
Many discounts are limited to first time purchases or short-term promotions. Discounts can be limited to one per customer or expire. Discount codes exclude gift certificates and some product bundles. Discounts cannot be combine with other offers. During a sales event, the discount price will be automatically applied to the product and cannot be combined with other discount codes.
We're sorry to hear this, this is upsetting to us too! Don't worry, we'll get you fresh new products ASAP, we just need a little info:
1. You can refuse the order (if possible) due to damages.
2. If the order arrives and is damaged, please take photos of the external shipping packaging and your product. Please go to our return portal and follow the prompts to "Item was damaged or lost" to submit a claim.
3. Once we get this info we will promptly process a replacement order.
1. Please check your inbox for the shipping confirmation, which will include a tracking number.
2. If it's in transit keep an eye out, if it still hasn't arrived and says delivered, please go to our return portal and follow the prompts to "Item was damaged or lost" to submit a claim.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer FREE product replacements for:
- Bowed or warped products within 1 year of purchasing,
- Product Cracks or Molds within 90 days of purchasing,
- Product Cracks or Molds over 91 days - 1 year of purchasing *Shipping paid by the customer*
- 50% Off Full-Price Replacement Purchase
Product Cracks or Molds after 1 year - 18 months of purchasing.
- 20% Off Full-Price Replacement Purchase
Product Cracks or Molds after 18 months of purchasing.
- Rust-free replacement up to 1 Year after purchase.
As a quick reminder, any products purchased during our bi-annual warehouse sale were sold at a deep discount and are not eligible for returns, exchanges, or refunds. Once your product has shipped from our warehouse and arrived at your home, we're not able to process returns on sale items.
Here's what you can expect:
- Bath Stones / Dish Pads / Coasters / Sink Caddies / Dog Bowls + Stone Base: Open box product that has been inspected to be in 'like new' condition. There's a small possibility of faint scuffs and light marks. Final sale, no refunds or returns.
- Dish Rack: Open box product that has been inspected to be in 'like new' condition. There's a small possibility of rust within humid environments with prolonged water exposure. Our rust-free guarantee does not apply to warehouse sale items. Final sale, no refunds or returns.
For questions on our warranty policy or to claim a warranty for a product you have ordered, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We're sorry to hear it didn't work out, we hope to bring delight into the home with our eco-friendly materials, but if you're not happy with your Dorai purchase, please go to our Returns Page to process your return or exchange.